- The instrument is apply to test ASTM D5 Needle penetration and ASTM
D217/D1403 Cone penetration.
- The instrument is suitable to determine thepenetration of highway bitumen, modified asphalt, as well as liquid
petroleum asphalt or residue of emulsified asphalt after
- The test condition is described as follows:The penetration of bituminous materials is expressed as the
distance that a 100 g±0.05 g standard needle vertically penetrates
into the sample without measurable fraction in 5 s at a constant
temperature bath of 25±0.1 °C.
- It is used for evaluating the consistency of asphalt. The larger
the penetration is; the thinner and softer the asphalt is.
- The instrument can also be used for inspecting industry materials
such as solid granule, powder, colloid, as well as food materials
such as cream, glycine, etc.
- It has been widely used in the field of food industry, highway and
traffic departments and other departments.
1.Measurement range: 0 penetration~600 penetrations;
2.Resolution: 0.1 penetration;
3.Timing range: 0s~60 s, and the error is less than ±0.1 s.
4.Heating power: 200 W;
5.Temperature controlling accuracy: 25±0.1 °C (Note: the ambient
temperature should not be higher than 20 °C);
6.Data saved: 30 groups;
7.Constant temperature bath: harden glass container;
8.Stirrer: a magnetic stirrer;
9.Standard needle: 2.5±0.05 g and it conforms to the requirements
of GB/T4509 and T0604.
10.Shifting holder: It has two ways to adjust the height of
standard needle, so it is convenient to let the needle tip just
touch the sample surface.
11.Power supply: AC 220 V±10%, 50 Hz.