GD-268Conradson MethodCarbon Residue Tester
- The instrument is designed and made as per the national standard of
People’s Republic of China GB/T268 Test Method for Carbon Residue
of Petroleum Products by Conradson Method.
- It is used to determine the amount of carbon residue of petroleum
products after evaporation and pyrolysis, so as to check coke
forming property of petroleum products.
II---Main technical specifications and parameters
1. Porcelain crucible: low type, about 30 ml
2. Inner iron crucible: made of iron sheet, 75±5 ml, its surface is
3. Outer iron crucible: made of iron sheet, 190±10 ml; it is with a
cover and its surface is black
4. Tripod: made of iron. Its surface is plated with nickel and
chromium,and it is polished. It is 250±10 mm high and its ring
diameter is dia.130±5 mm
5. Flame shield: it is made by pressing a piece of 0.6~0.8 mm
thickness iron plate. The diameter of upper opening of the middle
hole is dia.90±2 mm, and the diameter of lower opening is dia.82±2
mm. It contains an asbestos pressure ring. The other type of flame
shield contains three bending feet in the hole of flame shield to
support the crucible.
6. Round iron shield: it is made of iron plate, the thickness of
which is 8 mm. the height of lower parts is 50mm~53 mm. The height
of cone in the middle is 25±2 mm. There is a piece of dia.3 iron
wire welded on the upper section of round tube. The iron wire is
bent to a fire bridge of 50±3 mm in height, which is like a mouth.
The fire bridge is black and is used as an indicator for the
maximum height of the flame.
7. Burner: a gas burner of Meker type